Monday, December 18, 2017

Clara's First Orchestra Performance

On Wednesday Dan and I traveled to Houston to attend Clara's school orchestra performance. Clara, being a first year student, performed at the opening of the concert. I guess I'll never get past tearing up when one of my kids or grandkids is on stage. I can't imagine how I'll react when Clara, at some time in the future (I'm sure), performs at Carnegie Hall!

We were surprised at how far these first-year musicians had come already. And by the end of the concert, when we heard the cream of the crop of eighth-graders, we were amazed. Their teacher/director was obviously and justifiably button-popping-proud of them.

First-Year Orchestra. Kelsey was a little disappointed that they were asked to wear their Mayde Creek Jr. High Orchestra hoodies, instead of dressing up a bit. But that didn't seem to affect their performance at all.




Robert seemed to enjoy the concert, for the most part. He did rest his head on Grandpa's shoulder, at one point, and take a short nap.

After the concert, in front of the tree in the lobby of the high school performing arts building.





No comments: