Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Art

It's been a long time since I posted any of my artwork. There's a reason for that . . . I haven't been doing any art work for several months.

Much as I appreciate and love my art instructor, Barbara, it seemed it was time to move on to a different venue. Barbara didn't seem too eager to teach watercolors, and that's what I really want to learn. 

Since we've started worshipping with the Salado church, I've gradually becoming more and more involved in Salado village activities. There is a group of artists known as Salado Village Artists (SVA), who meet once a week to work on their individual art projects. Some of them do watercolor, so I joined SVA and am hoping to get some encouragement and instruction in watercolors. During the month of June, they offer an "art camp" for the Salado school children. Today I stayed to help out with that. What a fund day; I love working with children!

Anyway, this painting is NOT watercolor -- still acrylics. But I had been out of practice for so long that I thought doing something I was familiar with, in order to get back into the swing of things, was a good idea. 

I did this painting with a dear friend in mind - Bea, from Juneau. I hope to take it to her when we go up there later this summer for my 50th high school reunion. 


No comments: