Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day 2017

As I put my small American flag out in the front yard yesterday, in honor of Memorial Day, I couldn't help thinking of all the veterans in Dan's and my families, including, of course, both of our fathers: Walace Hiram Judd, who served in the Navy during WWII; and Robert Wellington Clark, who served in the Navy during WWII and Korea.

But this year I am also remembering my patriot ancestor, Bela Davis (12 Apr 1753 - Oct 1800), who fought in the American Revolution. Because of him, I am honored to have recently been inducted into the Daughters of the American Revolution (Betty Martin Chapter of Temple, Texas).


Bela Davis is my 5th great-grandfather. He was a young Massachusetts soldier - a private in Captain John Jones' company and Ephraim Doolittle's regiment. Because of brave men like him, we live in this independent country, the United States of America.

I am his descendant as follows: I am the daughter of Robert W Clark; granddaughter of Wellington W Clark; great-granddaughter of Carrie E Tankersley Clark; 2nd great-granddaughter of Rosalie Ann Davis Tankersley; 3rd great-granddaughter of Isaac Roswell Davis; 4th great-granddaughter of Bela Ward Davis; 5th great-granddaughter of Bela Davis, who served in the Revolutionary War.


No comments: