Thursday, September 22, 2016

First Day of Fall

According to the Internet, Fall began two minutes ago (from time of posting). As I'm sure I've mentioned over and over in my blog, Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year. So yesterday I thought I'd go for a walk. I'd never been to Yetti Polk Park, in Belton, which is one of three parks that sit along the bank of Nolan Creek. I took my camera in hopes of finding some fall colors.

Nope.

Fall may arrive today on the calendars, but it was still summer yesterday, in the park. The temperature was 94 degrees, and people were enjoying the cooling waters of the creek.





But there were lots of giant shade trees, which helped with the heat. 

The Bell County Courthouse is clearly visible from Yetti Polk Park.







I enjoyed walking the trail, but by the time I finished my one-mile walk, I was pretty hot and sweaty - maybe even turning a bit red from the sun. Took this SELFIE (below) just before I got back to the parking lot. :-)



No comments: