Thursday, March 31, 2016

'Tis the Season for Bluebonnets

This morning, after breakfast, I told Dan I was going to go get a few photos of the wildflowers. The bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush are in full bloom all over town, and I knew a great place to get pictures. So off I went, camera in tow.

I happened to have this entire field of flowers to myself this morning. That's not common. Usually there are parents posing children in the flowers, or lovers getting their engagement portraits done. Bluebonnet season is spectacular, but doesn't last too long, so everyone in central TX comes out to enjoy God's handiwork in the spring.

Indian Paintbrush

Bluebonnets






There were lots of little butterflies enjoying the morning with me. I caught this one before it flittered off.


"WHAT," you may ask, "is that picture of a tow truck doing here?"

That's the not-so-perfect ending to my morning photo shoot. I went back to the car and found . . . a dead battery! Totally dead! So I called AAA, who arrived promptly to rescue me, by jump-starting the car. Then it was off to our local VW dealership to get a new battery.

No comments: