Monday, November 23, 2015

Thanksgiving Greeting

I'm blessed beyond measure and looking forward to celebrating those blessings with family on Thursday.

I wish, for each of you, a day that embodies all that is expressed in these thoughts, written by Ray Stannard Baker:
"Thanksgiving is the holiday of peace, the celebration of work and the simple life . . . a true folk-festival that speaks the poetry of the turn of the seasons, the beauty of seedtime and harvest, the ripe product of the year -- and the deep, deep connection of all these things with God."
Or, if you prefer a touch of Thanksgiving humor, here's what Erma Bombeck had to say about the day:
"What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?" :-) 

This XXXLarge turkey puts a smile on my face whenever I drive past. Oh, yes, and the name of the farm where he sits does more than put a smile on my face - it makes me giggle! The Soggy Bottom Goat Farm.



No comments: