Saturday, May 21, 2011

More Zoo Animals

Dan and I took a little time today to go to the zoo (AGAIN, for me). We have season passes, so it doesn't cost anything for us to stop by for a visit, and I tend to do it a lot; Dan, not so often.

Today I camped, with my camera, near the giraffes and the elephants. Aren't giraffes beautiful animals? I love their eyes.

Photobucket

The giraffe in the background of this photo, below, is the baby, born in May 2009. He's getting tall, isn't he?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hadn't seen Daizy, our baby elephant, since she was a newborn. She's going on two years old now. In the first two pictures, you can see Rozie, Daizy's mother on the right. I'm not positive, but I think that the elephant on the left is Albert, Daizy's father. Don't you see a family resemblance? :-)

Photobucket

When I first arrived, they were playing in the water.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the water play, a little dirt bath seemed in order, apparently!

Photobucket

No comments: