Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Late Night

Originally Chris and Kelsey were due into Albuquerque at about 6:45 tonight, but because their connection in Houston was very tight, they opted to take a later flight . . . and then it was delayed. Right now it appears they won't be getting in until more like 11:00 p.m. They will have been enroute for 24 hours! Of course, Clara really wants to go to the airport to see them, so she's trying to stay awake. Robert is in bed, so Dan will drive to the airport, and I'll stay home.

This was our last day "flying solo" with the kids. It's been so much fun, and so much hard work! I forgot how busy a mom of little ones really is. So busy that when I broke a fingernail early the other morning, I didn't find a minute to trim it until they were both in bed for the night. So busy that I forgot to eat both breakfast and lunch most days. So busy that I found it nearly impossible to cook a decent dinner in the evenings; we bought a lot of take-out ;-) And so tired at the end of the day that I not only didn't need to read to fall asleep; I couldn't read because I was too tired to keep my eyes open!

Today, Robert was nearly back to his normal, spunky self. I'm so glad he recovered before his mama and daddy got back. They'll be able to enjoy him rather than worry about him.

A couple days ago Clara found an orange juicer in one of my kitchen drawers and wanted to know what it was. So today I let her squeeze an orange and make juice for her breakfast. She had fun juicing the orange, but wasn't too keen on drinking the juice. I had to laugh when she told me, "I don't like the orange stuff in it."


After naps we went to the duck pond, not far from our house, and fed them. Clara had a great time feeding the ducks, and Robert really liked watching them. He sat on a bench to watch, and a couple of them came right up to him, but he wasn't afraid. He just kept saying, "Duck. Duck. Duck."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT'S REALLY FUNNY ! IMAGINE FINDING "ORANGE THINGS" IN HER ORANGE JUICE. HA !