Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Daring Bakers' April Challenge - Maple Mousse in an Edible Container

The April 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Evelyne of the blog Cheap Ethnic Eatz. Evelyne chose to challenge everyone to make a maple mousse in an edible container. Prizes are being awarded to the most creative edible container and filling, so vote on your favorite from April 27th to May 27th at http://thedaringkitchen.com!

(Recipe HERE)

Of course, the main ingredient in this month's recipe was beautiful, sweet, pure maple syrup.


For the edible container, I chose to bake tuiles and form them into a bowl shape by draping them over a plastic cup. We had free rein when it came to this part of the challenge.


The mousse, itself, was easy to make, and didn't take a lot of time. It was just about the sweetest, richest thing I've ever tasted! In fact, it was a bit too rich for my taste, although Dan liked it a lot.


To top the dessert, I baked some meringues to a golden brown and let them firm up in the oven after turning it off.


Here is the finished product -- maple mousse in an edible container, topped with a lightly browned meringue dollop.

4 comments:

Cakelaw said...

I love your tuile cups. Tuiles and I don't get along that well, so I am impressed with your dexterity in making these.

Andrea said...

I really love your tuiles, they look so adorable and delicious. :)

Nachiketa said...

Lovely presentation of edible containers...


Cheers,
The Variable, Crazy Over Desserts - Nachiketa
Catch me on facebook @ Crazy Over Desserts

Bourbonnatrix said...

love your tuiles. never made them, but you make it look easy :)