Thursday, March 31, 2011

Explora!

It's not easy toting around my DSLR camera, but it's always worth it when I have a chance to capture photos of Clara and Robert. So this morning, as we headed to Explora, the children's science museum, I tucked my Nikon in, along with a diaper bag, my purse, and a bag of snacks.

Explora is a lot of fun for kids of all ages, with two floors of hands-on things to do. In fact, there's just about nothing that kids can hurt, and nothing that can hurt them, so they are free to try everything. It's like a smorgasbord of sights, sounds and feely things for kids, and they are in constant motion. Because of this, I had my hands full keeping both Clara and Robert within my reach at the same time, and that camera bouncing around and banging into things didn't help. But it was worth it, right?

NO!

Because when I went to take my first photo, I discovered I had no memory card in the camera. So all I had to take pictures with was my iPhone, and my camera was nothing but an anchor around my neck all morning. So, the photos here may not be so good, but at least they'll let Chris and Kelsey see that their little sweethearts are still doing fine, here in Albuquerque.















By the time we left, it was 12:30, and both children were hungry and tired (especially Robert) and, understandably, a little grouchy (especially Clara). None the less, I was thinking to myself how smart I was to let them run off all that energy, so that they'd both come home and take really good naps. But it backfired. Neither one settled down for a nap, or even a quiet time, this afternoon. Too much stimulation? Too tired to get to sleep? I don't know, but I think I'll go back to my previous modus operandi - staying home mornings, having lunch and naps, and then, in the afternoons, going on our outings.

A highlight of Clara's day was an email addressed to her from her Mama. She also got one yesterday. Both emails had pictures attached, yesterday's of Mama and Daddy in front of the Louvre, and today's of them in front of the Eifle Tower. I've been printing them out for her, and taping them to her bedroom door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For someone with no camera available, you surely got some precious pictures with your I-phone. This looks like a really great place for kids.

Love...Mom