Monday, November 30, 2009

He Missed Me


This vitamin bottle, with nine vitamins sitting on the cap, was on the bathroom counter when I got home from Chris and Kelsey's. To anyone else, it would have looked odd, but probably wouldn't have had any meaning. To me it said, "I missed you!"

Every morning Dan, who gets up before me, takes a vitamin, himself, and puts another one on the cap of the bottle for me so that I won't forget to take it. I was gone for nine mornings . . . thus nine vitamins waited for me there, telling me that he thought about me each morning as he got ready for the day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too sweet for words! I know it was hard to come home, and I'm sure they are missing your helping hands about now! Glad you are safely home....

Genie

Tanya said...

That is sooooo sweet, I just always have dishes in the sink waiting for me. Maybe I should look at that as Cody missing me, haha.

Betty W said...

That´s so sweet! :)
Good to be missed, isn´t it?

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!!

GR

Papa John said...

Linda, this is a guy thing with a lot of meaning. Clearly Dan did miss you each morning. The tablets testify to that. But he thinks of you every other morning too. He wants to help, he wants to be supportive, and he wants you to know you can depend upon him. Every day, every way, even in the little things and routines. It is a sign of a trait we admire in God. We call it constancy or steadfastness or dependability and we do not let little details derail its effect. Being gone just let the evidence pile up and be noticed, but the rest of the testimony is in the pill he places on the bottle top every day. He's on the job 100% of the time. (Like I said...) It's a man thing, Linda, and speaks volumes about his love for you.