Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just In Time!

This morning it was pretty chilly when I left for work. I went to the coat closet, and realized that the only coat I had was a light-weight summer jacket. That would do for today, but, I thought, I'd better see about buying a warmer coat for this winter.

I stopped at Kohl's on my way home from work. I spent 30 or 40 minutes there, shopping not only for a coat . . . they had baby items on sale too. Need I remind you? We have less than a month left until our new grandbaby arrives. But I did find a nice wool pea coat on sale, and purchased it for myself, as well.

I paid the cashier for my merchandise, and then headed out the door. What a surprise! It was snowing like crazy - great big, fat snowflakes, leaving us with almost no visibility! I got my winter coat just in time.

I tried to take some pictures out the car window, with my cell phone, but they didn't turn out very good. Once I got home, I stood on our patio in the back yard and took this one with my Sony. The flakes were smaller by then, but, as you can see, it was starting to stick.


Most of the snow has melted away already (two hours later), so this wasn't a serious snowfall. But it is early in the year for us to see any snow at all, except up on the mountains.

2 comments:

Betty W said...

It seems early to me too, but then again maybe it´s because our summer is starting early too. Gotta have some balance, right? :)
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! I thought it was cold here!! No snow yet but it seems like too much rain and wind. Maybe I am just more aware of it this year since we have a dog that has to out in it :P :P

GR