Sunday, July 19, 2009

Catching Up

I'm a bit behind in blogging, but I can't say that a lot has transpired lately. Here are a few of our recent activities.

• Dan's birthday was the 8th, but we celebrated on the evening of Friday, July 10. Tim joined us for dinner at Zea's Rotisserie, then we came home and had birthday cake. This year Dan's cake-of-choice was German chocolate.


• On Saturday, the 11th, Dan and I went to breakfast at one of our favorite places, the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center. If you ever visit Albuquerque, this is a nice place for breakfast or lunch. Some of the featured items on the menu include blue corn pancakes, Indian fry bread, outdoor-oven-baked bread, and (for lunch) Tewa tacos.

This is a picture taken inside the center. The restaurant is to the left, where you see the pendant lights.

Here's the outdoor oven where the bread is baked.

After breakfast we stayed a few minutes to watch some of the dancers. Most Saturdays young people from one or more of the pueblos perform. This group was especially good.




• Yesterday I went shopping for a chair. My mission was to find a chair that really fit me. Currently we have two matching leather chairs in our family room. They are nice-looking, and Dan finds them quite comfortable. But when I sit in mine I get a neck-, head- and backache, because it is made for someone taller than I (that would be most anyone). The cushioned roll at the top of the chair is supposed to fit behind one's neck, but it just pushes my head and shoulders forward. Also, the seat cushion, from front to back, is too "deep," so my knees don't bend at the edge unless I scoot forward, causing me to slump. I did find one; it is ordered and should be here in a couple weeks. It doesn't look all that different from the one I sit in now, but it's much more comfortable for me. I took this picture of it in the store, with my cell phone.


• What has been most responsible for my non-blogging is a project I've undertaken to de-clutter our office and guest-room closets. They have been used as mini-storage units, and I'd really like to reclaim them as office and guest room closets! I am storing everything in bins. The bins are numbered, and each item in the bin goes into a database, so that we can call an item up at any time and know where to locate it. It's taking much longer than I anticipated. But I'm starting bin #7 now, so progress is being made. Now I have to decide where I'll be keeping all these bins. I may have to rent a small self-storage unit!


• Thanks for checking in. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to report on in the coming days.

No comments: