Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Have a Sneaky Husband

Today was my birthday. It was a BIG one - you know, one of those that ends in zero! The one that gives one senior citizen status in some restaurants.

We had talked about going to a movie this weekend to celebrate. And Dan told me that Tim was meeting us for dinner at Jason's Deli this evening, before church. I was looking forward to both of those birthday highlights.

So around 5:30 this evening we pulled up in the parking lot of Jason's. As I was walking toward the glass doors, I saw a little blond head peeking out and thought to myself, "Oh, how cute. She almost looks like . . . she looks JUST like . . . that IS SWEETPEA! My jaw dropped to the ground, and I just stared at her, open-mouthed, through the doors. She had her little Fisher Price digital camera in hand, and I think she snapped a picture of me in that dumbfounded pose.

I finally pulled open the door, and got a huge hug from Sweetpea, then from Kelsey, Chris, and Tim. I felt like I was dreaming, and was hoping I wouldn't wake up too soon. In the course of conversation, I also learned that Dan had already called my boss and arranged for me to be off work tomorrow and Friday, to spend as much time as possible with the kids before they leave on Saturday.

Yes, I do have a sneaky husband, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks Dan, Tim, Chris, Kelsey and Sweetpea for the best 60th (oops, I spilled the beans) birthday ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! They all sound pretty sneaky.

Way to go guys. I doubt thereis ANYTHING that would make her happier on her birthday than to have a visit from her TX kids and all of her kids and Sweetpea together.
I love the Sweetpea with the camera part!

Love and hugs to all,

Nana in the north

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Linda! What a great surprise. Good job, Dan. There is no better way to celebrate 60 then with all your family. Have a great visit. Love, Kathy - who got a card for you in early Jan. than forgot to send it but I did think of you all day yesterday.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful birthday surprise! Way to go, Dan...
Oh, welcome to the 60 club! It's hard to admit it, tho'!

Genie

Linda said...

Wow Linda - what a terrific birthday surprise for you! There is no better way to celebrate a birthday than with family. What a special guy your Dan must be. (I miss seeing you at the Photoshop Creative Elements Community.)