Monday, January 19, 2009

5 Things . . .

5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago

1. Starting a new job at the Alaska Department of Education & Early Development
2. Thinking about buying my first digital camera
3. Digging my car out from under a ton of snow every day
4. Planning a valentine cookie-baking day at my house with two little girls, Kaylee and Sarah (cousins)
5. Painting the living room and office of our condo in Juneau

5 Things On My To-Do List Today
(Note: No work today because it's a holiday (MLK), so it's not a typical weekday)

1. Write up my Daring Bakers blog (to post on 1/29)
2. Fold clothes and put them away
3. Watch a movie on TV
4. Go out on some errands with Dan
5. Read (my current "read" is Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi)

5 Snacks I Like

1. Chocolate coated gummy bears
2. Popcorn
3. Nectarines
4. Grapes
5. Nuts - especially cashews and almonds

5 Things I Would Do If I Was A Millionaire

1. Retire!
2. Buy a new digital SLR camera
3. Take my kids and granddaughter on some fun vacations
4. Help pay off the loan for the new construction on our church building
5. Buy Dan a classic sports car to restore - and rent/buy him a place to do it

5 Places I Have Lived (For Various Lengths Of Time)

1. Juneau, Alaska - 22 years (not counting college years, when I was out of state)
2. Newberg, Oregon - 14 years
3. Albuquerque, New Mexico - 5 1/2 years (so far)
4. Abilene, Texas - 3 years (plus 1 year in nearby Anson)
5. Adak, Alaska - 1 year

5 Jobs I Have Had

1. Elementary school teacher
2. Welcome Wagon lady
3. Assistant to the VP for Academic Affairs at a small university
4. Assistant to a private investigator
5. Mom

5 People I Tag (to post a "5 Things . . . " list on their blog)

1. Kelsey
2. Papa John
3. Patty S.
4. Becky C.
5. Mom (Come on, Mom. This will give you something to write about.)
and a bonus (I know, that makes six, but . . . who's counting?!)
6. Betty W.

No comments: