Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day Three with Sweetpea


It was a quieter day today. Sweetpea and I went for a morning walk, along the river (Pecos River). She found flowers (dandelions) and picked one to take back to Nanny. During the middle of the day, we had quite a rainfall, so that made it an inside afternoon.

Before lunch, Sweetpea and I played hide-and-seek. Sweetpea preferred being the seeker; but, typical of kids at that age, when she was the hider, she always hid in the same spot. I was a slow learner, though, so hunted all over the house before finally spying her each time, and then she would run, giggling, into my arms.

For dinner Nanny took us over to the Lakeview Community Center for a special meal. Since Lakeview is a community of senior citizens, Sweetpea was a hit with all the grandmas, grandpas and great-grandparents there. After she ate, I let her walk around on her own and visit with people. She had a great time being "Miss Congeniality," and she was a bright spot in a lot of people's evening.




Our craft today was frog puppets. Sweetpea wasn't very excited about making them, but this evening, after her bath, she played with them for awhile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE how a time of picking those "special" flowers can thrill a little girl (one of K.'s favorite things to do).

I LOVE how Sweetpea's bright pink sippy cup stands out on that dinner table.

I LOVE seeing Sweetpea sitting next to Nanny to share dinner....a special time for sure!! (BTW, you are looking great,Margaret!).

I LOVE seeing that little girl making the rounds with her meeting and greeting...we have a committee at church that she could head up!

Let the good times continue and keep those pics coming!

Love,

GR

Anonymous said...

PS


I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE 12 OF 12 TODAY!! WHAT FUN!

GR