Saturday, September 13, 2008

All's Well

I just got home, about 45 minutes ago. The trip went well, and didn't seem as long as usual. Still, it's good to be home.

Also, some of you have asked about Ike's effect at Chris and Kelsey's house. I was thankful to hear, this morning, that Chris was safe and sound. He stayed with the house (as you know, Kelsey is with her sister-in-law). I guess it was a pretty exciting night, but there was only relatively minor damage to their property. Sounds like they lost a tree or two, and had damage to their fence. Water blew in under the back door, but there was no flooding. Their power is out, and that could be a long time in coming back on.

Now, there is one funny story that I'd love to tell about Chris, having to do with his assistance to a neighbor, in preparation for the storm. But I'll wait to see if Kelsey tells it. If not, I'll share it with all of you in a few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you had a safe, (but probably kind of
sad) trip home. Also, glad to hear Chris and property
came through without too much damage! I imagine
the reunion of Sweetpea and her mommy was
precious to see. ........Genie