Wednesday, July 30, 2008

50 Things About Me

This one's from Patty. Play along if you want.

1. Do you like blue cheese? No
2. Have you ever been to Yellowstone Park? No
3. Do you own a gun? No.
4. What are your favorite songs? One of my favorites is kind of an obscure song from years ago - Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) by Billy Joel.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Yes
6. What do you think about hot dogs? Now and then I actually have a craving for one. But they are BEST when cooked on a stick over a camp fire.
7. Favorite Christmas song? Mary’s Boy Child
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Milk
9. Can you do push ups? I doubt it. Haven’t tried in awhile.
10. What was the name of your first pet? Taffy
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? The Alaskan ivory and sterling silver pin my husband gave me one Christmas.
12. Favorite hobby? Photography (And close contenders: writing, reading, digital scrapbooking)
13. Secret weapon to get the opposite sex? Homemade chocolate chip cookies
14. Do you have ADD? No.
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? Weight
16. What's your middle name? Margaret (First name of my Mom; middle name of my granddaughter)
17. Name 3 thoughts you are thinking at this exact moment? I have a headache. I need to get a few more things done around the house before Dan gets home. Blogging takes up a lot of my time, but it's fun!
18. What did you buy yesterday? Lunch at Sweet Tomatoes with my friend, Pam
19. Favorite vegetable? It’s a toss up – red bell peppers, out-of-the-garden tomatoes or sweet corn
20. Current worry right now? Finding a new primary care physician (my insurance changed)
21. Current hate right now? Dealing with health insurance providers.
22. Favorite place to be? Anywhere with Sweetpea
23, What did you do to bring in the New Year? Kissed my husband.
24. Name three people who will complete this? Marci, ummmm, and hmmmm (I don’t know – but I do know that the only reason I’m doing this is to not let John down, since he named ME as one who would complete it!)
25. Believe in God? Without a doubt
26. Do you have an unusual skill? I learned my baking skill from my dad, who was a master baker. I’ve been thinking, lately, of making some real Danish pastry, like he taught me. Haven’t done it in years.
27. What shirt are you wearing? I’m “layered.” I have a white/light blue striped T-shirt under a red shirt, open in the front.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Not really.
29. Can you whistle? Yes
30. Favorite color? I like a "dusty" seafoam green/blue
31. Would you be a pirate? No, but I love stories about them.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I’m more of a tub-bath person, and I don’t sing there.
33. Favorite girl's name. Clara
34. Favorite boy's name? This is a trick question – I have two sons!
35. What's in your pocket right now? Nothing.
36. What made you laugh last? A co-worker who, this morning, ran down the hall hollering, “Don’t talk to me now. I have to pee.” (I think she’d been stopped one too many times on her way to the restroom)
37. Best bed sheets as a child? I don’t remember. But my favorite blanket was a Canadian Hudson's Bay wool blanket.
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Dislocated shoulder (same one, twice). VERY painful.
39. Who is your loudest friend? Val (see #36 above)
40. Do you like where you live? Yes, but I’m open to other possibilities.
41. How many TV's do you have? One
42 . How many dogs do you own? None
43. What would you do if you hit a deer while driving? Dial Dan on my cell phone, and (in tears), say, “Dan, I just hit a deer. What do I do? Come help me! I NEED you!”
44. What is your favorite book? Too many contenders!
45. What is your favorite candy? Chocolate covered gummy bears (not easy to find, but worth the effort)
46. Favorite Sports Team? None
47. What were you doing at 12 am last night? Sleeping
48. What was the first thing that you thought of when you woke up this morning? “You are lying, but I love you for it.” OH, you want the rest of the story? That’s what I thought when Dan woke me up, at 5:45 a.m. with, “Time to get up, Beautiful.”
49. What songs do you want played at your funeral? I’ll Fly Away and Walking Alone at Eve.
50. Does someone have a crush on you? See #48. I think he does.

No comments: