Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Defining Moment #8 - Sweetpea

Last evening we got a telephone call. On the other end of the line was a tiny little voice, proudly announcing that she had peepeed in the potty! Dan and I both celebrated the announcement with cheers, compliments and hand-clapping. Such are the joys of being a grandparent.

I've probably gushed over my granddaughter too much, already, in my blog. But it is that little girl who has defined me as a grandma. I promise to keep this one brief and to the point. Being a grandma has given me a new purpose in life, which, I guess, is the whole idea of a "defining moment." It's drawn me closer to my (very dear) daughter-in-law. It's given me many reasons to be proud of my son, who is now a daddy. It's added a new dimension to my prayer life. And it's brought telephone calls (like last night's), warm hugs and sloppy kisses from our Sweetpea.

No comments: