Thursday, April 17, 2008

Heavy Hearts

As I've already told you, Mom took a fall and has been in the hospital; Chris lost his job; and Lauretta's health is failing. But all of these, distressing as they are, have been counterbalanced by the happy news that a new grandbaby was on the way.

This afternoon Chris called to tell us that Kelsey suffered a miscarriage today.

The news is so fresh that I'm still in a bit of shock. I'm confident that Chris and Kelsey both have faith strong enough to weather this, but they will still grieve the loss of this child (and so will we). And then there's Sweetpea, who has been proudly telling everyone that she's going to be a big sister. These are hard times. Please pray for them.

I hope you'll consider clicking here, to read Kelsey's own touching thoughts about their loss. If you do, I know you'll understand why I am so proud to have her as my daughter-in-law.

God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform. That's my belief. That's my faith. And that's what sustains me in times like this.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Please know that you all are in our prayers! Also, let Margaret know the same!