Sunday, April 6, 2008

For Those Who Know my Mother

Many (most) of you who read my blog know my mom. I wouldn't think of disclosing her age here, but . . . we celebrated her 80th birthday in the summer of 2006 :-)

Mom is in the hospital right now, after taking a fall in the wee hours of Saturday morning. She fractured her pelvis, and is in a lot of pain. My understanding is that there is nothing, except bed rest and physical therapy, that can be done for an injury like this. The good news is that she did not break a hip, which would have been much more serious.

I'll be heading down, later this week, to stay with her a few days, after she is released from the hospital. She is blessed with WONDERFUL friends and neighbors, who are very attentive to her needs in the meantime. (Thank you to Pat, Gloria, John and Judy -- and I'm sure many others.)

She called me this morning to say that she had a good night, and, with the help of the pain meds they are giving her, she was able to get some much needed sleep. I know she'd appreciate your prayers. I'll try to post updates here, as I get them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear of your mom's injury. I hope she
gets over it quickly. That's good you'll be able to
go and be with her. Give her my best (if she remembers me!) Genie