Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sweetpea's Birthday Party Plans

We're not going to be able to go to Sweetpea's second birthday party, in December, so I was thrilled when Kelsey thought of involving me by asking if I would design the party invitation. Kelsey has great plans for a puppy dog themed party -- seems fitting, since Sweetpea shares the floor-space at her house with three Welsh Corgis, namely Zoe, Max and Dingle. So that is what I've been working on today -- a doggy party invitation.

Here's a first draft of the outside - it will be folded over in the middle, at the top of the blue background, of course:

And here's the inside:

And, as long as we're speaking of Sweetpea, I'll pass along a story her mama told in her blog. They went to the library the other day. While Sweetpea was busy looking at books, Kelsey was chatting with another mother. Pretty soon, here came Sweetpea, carrying the book she wanted Kelsey to read to her: I Wish Daddy Didn't Drink So Much. Both moms got a chuckle out of that.

No comments: