Sunday, October 28, 2007

Half-Smart isn't Smart at All

This morning we overslept. But it wasn't our fault; it was the fault of our clock-radio trying to be smart. It's one of those clocks that has some internal firmware that automatically changes the time by one hour on the beginning and ending days of DST. But it was only half-smart, because it didn't know about the U.S. Energy Policy Act of 2005, which postponed the end of DST until next weekend this year. I guess that's what people mean when they say, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

1 comment:

betty said...

I woke at 5 a.m., according to my bedside clock. By the time I did a few routine things, the living room clock said 6:20; my watch agreed. I know that time passes faster for me now than when I was younger, but this was ridiculous! Finally figured it out, but had a hard time convincing hubby he did not have an extra hour of sleep coming.

bw